If you've never tried a block-of-the-month quilting project, this is a great time to consider one! BOM's, as they're called, are popular for lots of reasons, and we've listed them here for those who need a little extra encouragement!
- The project is broken down into smaller, more attainable goals, so you'll enjoy a feeling of accomplishment each month.
- Some shops offer pay-as-you-go pricing, so you can more easily budget for a major creative project.
- You'll enjoy the camaraderie of those with similar quilting interests.
- You can avoid the stress of last-minute marathons sessions at your machine.
- It's another fun excuse to visit your favorite quilt shop on a regular basis!
- Many BOM quilts are designed with a variety of block styles, so you can master different ones and expand your overall quilting knowledge.
- By working gradually, you'll be able to control the usual sewing room clutter when working on a project all at once. Blocks & cut pieces can be stored in clean pizza boxes, plastic zipper bags, or other methods.
- The month-to-month pace of the project allows you to immerse yourself in each section and focus on it differently than you would when you make an entire quilt at once.
- The chances of ending up with yet another UFO are lessened because you can see your progress - a BOM quilt project has a beginning, a middle and foreseeable end!
- Marcus has lots more BOM's in the works for 2010 - at least one is sure to suit your style and your schedule!